Amsterdam Trinkets

My parents returned from Amsterdam and of course mailed some precious foriegn gifts to me. My father, being a general in the military, has many international friends. In which, he and my mother are blessed with the ability to venture much near anywhere and have a personal tour guide shift them around. And as much as I envy their journeys I know someday I will have my chance- when my collections of coins has grown a little. For now though I merely enjoy the simple trinkets they bring back to me. A pink hat for the cold subarctic winters I endure. A keychain of wooden shoes- for I have a great fondness of the European accessories. Some waffle cookies, of which I have fallen madly in tasteful love with. And licorice- which I don't much care for and shared with my darling. All in all a lovely array of things. I do love boxes from my mother. She always includes silly little things like candy or American Girl Doll magazines. She knows my childish heart may act mature but still has so much fondness for the little kids sort of things. Of course, she's my mother, so I suppose it's her job to know such a fact about me.