Curled Away

Sometimes it's nice to curl away in a pile of blankets. I like to hide from the outside world. Keep my social contact minimal. I go through phases I suppose. There are times I like to visit the outdoors, admire the evens it shares with me. And then there are long moments of withdraw. I'm not sure what causes it, but I close away- happily. I write and I draw. I create. And when my inspiration has faded away I venture out into the abiss once again. The two continueing parts of my life. To journey and to document those journeys through hundreds of miscellaneous creations. I am in my artistic place now. It's comfortable here, warm. Not like the outside where the snow ravages the trees. I love the snow, but my feet are cold enough on the wood floors lately. I suppose I'll keep from freezing right now. The blankets keep me warm.