Uneducated Genius

I was raised in a prestigious military family. A stubborn daughter of well educated parents. Both my mother and father were college graduates. My father was so dearly disappointed when he found out I would not be chasing after a journalism career through four years of higher education. I simply told him my heart wasn't in it and skipped away into this big ole world called life. I've had my downfalls, yes. I've had my tragic moments of debt and despair. But I've also had an unimaginable amount of good luck- which I give credit to for blessing me with such a perfect life. I chose not to attend college for the mere reason I loved to learn. I didn't want to be forced to know things, I wanted to want to know them on my own time. Which has lead me to create a quite full library of odds and ends books. Do my college-attendy counterparts know how to identify all the trees of their state? Can they point out almost any country on a globe? Do they read poetry and traditional literature for fun? I chose to know these things, to do these things. And what exactly makes me less educated than the one whom holds a degree? I feel as though I am more so in many ways. I have experience, a great deal of passion, and an open mind to the real ways of the world. Say what you will- but the absence of a higher education has lead me to feel more knowledged than any genius of the world.