Antique Shop

Take me to an antique store. Let me wonder the aisles. Show me the glassware and old paperback books. Let me look at the toys and vintage dresses. And give me a penny or so, so that I may take something home. For in a place so wonderous and cluttered with energies from time past, it's impossible not to find something- at least one thing- that draws you in. Whether it's the design of a retired fabric, aura of a rugged glass doll, or simply just a liking of an item you have no further use for except to admire. And I just can't help it. I realize my tokens are of few and my bank has accumulated cobwebs. But the dearest joy of a new used item, well it just can't quite compare to a new-in-the-box sort of thing. It's more than a perfectly packaged specimen with tags in hand, it's a treasure- placed on the right shelf at the right time so that fate may bring it to my attention. And when something is so perfectly aligned with the stars, well I can't just pass it by. So I'll take this with my pennies, perhaps that as well. Shopaholic? Oh, no. Just a collector, bargain shopper, finder of beatiful things.