With A Paint Brush

Cheap acrylic paints and a small collection of well-used brushes. One brand new white canvas and a lop-sided easel. All placed pucariously upon the top of a hill where I sit in my knit sweater and brown velvet pants. The wind is always strong here- we're too near to the sea to have a calm day. And now that it's mid August autumn has arrived bringing everything to a chill. The colors continue to enter different stages of metamorphasis throughout the entire time snow is absent. But this time of year, a small few weeks between August and October, is my most favorite time. Reds, oranges, yellows, and dark greens contrast with the vibrant pink fireweed and blue water. The lone mountain in the distance creates an awe-inspiring sillhoutte versus the purple sunset speckled with white clouds. And I take a moment, just one small simple moment each year, and attempt to capture this scene. This is my moment. So I breathe deep, view with inspired eyes, and paint my fall in my Alaska.