Bubblebaths

Vanilla scented candles line the walls. Steam rises from the antique bath as the flickers of fire dance across the reflection of the bubbles. Every four days or so, when dirt begins to show in my blond hair, the same ritual occurs. A small hour of relaxation among nothing more than purifying water spirits. I heavily sprinkle bath salts in the hot water. Strike a match and one by one burn the wax from the wicks until they catch light. I'll slip down my outer layers until nothing is left between me and the rush of hot humid air. Step into the water and let my skin tingle with the heat as it changes to find comfort in the warmth. My head will duck between the bubbles for a moment. I'll close my eyes, hold my breath, and let the dust fade away. For an hour I'll lay surrounded by liquid comfort. Turning the knob with by toes to reheat the water when it begins to get cool. And during that one hour, every four days, I'll renew. Give myself the chance to rebegin and let negative energies ago. As I step out of the water and let the comfort of the warmth turn cold with the air, I'll leave what isn't good behind. Taking with me only a clean slate. And I'll let the dirt fade down the drain with every other part of me I don't want to take further in life. Stepping out of a simple bath reborn. And anew this better version of my same self, I can be beautiful- inside and out.