Rainbow's End

As I stood up to stretch my back after being bent over picking blueberries and the few rare cranberries I could find, I caught the most beautiful sight. For right ahead of me, just beyond the hill I was standing, landed a rainbow. The rumor goes that one can never reach a rainbow's finish, but right in front of me in full view I could see the rainbow's end. It arched deep into the sky and planted it's array of translucent colors on the pond not nearly a quarter of a mile from where my feet stood. I sat in awe, my mouth dropping slightly at the inspiring view. And then the thought came to me- I must go to the end! For there could be gold and I shant miss out. So as I made up my mind and my foot took it's very first step, the colors began to disappear. They evaporated into midair, vanishing from the ground and upward. I ran faster and faster- for I must keep on target and go to where the gold may still be! But twas gone, the rainbow was gone, and I couldn't quite seem to find exactly where it had been. For such a magestic thing leaves without a trace. And I sat, puzzled by it all. Had the rainbow read my thoughts? Had the gold been only barely past my reach? But did it really matter? For I had seen a rainbows end, and such an event is worth so much more than the most significant riches.