Thoughts In The Mailbox

Oh, how I truly love letters. With my beige envelopes and bird printed stationary I write almost everyone dear to me a note. Using black ink and a feather tip I practice my cursive admist a heartfelt collection of words I intend to send abroad. Sharing stories, thoughts, and recent events. And then I'll stamp the letters, address them from memory, and leave them at the post. Await a few weeks as I ponder up their journey. Did they travel by plane, ship, or train? And soon enough they will arrive slightly bent and dampened by rain, in the mailbox of an unexpected recipient. And as they reread the words I've already read, on the paper I picked for design, they'll think of me wherever I am. And what a sweet thought is that. That somewhere in this world I have been thought of. And perhaps, in a few weeks, unexpectedly, I shall find a stamped fold of paper that will cause a thought of them as well.