Aurora Circus

He took my hand and lead me outside to gaze and the midnight black sky. The aurora has been active in our northern home and he swore to me we'd share a gaze at it together. So he drove me to the edge of town and off the gravel road where we drove through the tundra a ways. When village lights were no longer in view, he stopped, and we sat in the still autumn air. There in front of us the green northern lights played innocent games with the stars and the moon. They danced their way across the blackness shooting randomly in their free spirit directions. To sit in awe of an unexplainable phenomenon that centuries before you has played out, is utterly breathtaking. The chills that the sky pulls through you is ten times stronger than that of the cold crisp air. And as I sat there in awe-inspiring meditation, he held my hand. Together we watched as the unsunlit light played circus tricks over the landscape.