Making Messes

It has been a terribly long day. While making my last batch of blackberry jam I managed to spill the boiling hot pot to the floor. I should have known that was the beginning of my bad luck, and just to give up then. But of course I did not. And I continued on. I made what was left of the jam only to burn it terribly. And as I strained out the burnt parts I spilt even more across my clean countertop. When I finally finished cleaning, I decided I would relax and begin to sew a fur hat for my hubby this winter. Once he saw what I was doing he felt the need to point out what I was doing wrong, and after much bickering I forcefully took his measurements and began. Only to realize that my pattern was terribly difficult to make. It took me two hours to create it and by the time I was finished I didn't even care to sew anymore. So now I am sitting online, much to the dismay of my darling who was wishfully thinking I would have his new hat finished by this evening. Some days are just bad. That is something I accept. I just wish I knew where this bad karma originated.