Documenting Discoveries

I've always liked the idea of a porquipine quill pen and old paper notebook binded with a leather cover. It appeals to that frontier adventurer within me. The tan pants and a feather hat. Long tangled dirty blond hair waving in the wind as I sit atop a hill overlooking rivers, sloughs, and untouched land. A big white canvas tent where I can visit to document my findings. Sleep on a worn cot with a woodstove fueled by small twigs and pinecones. I like the idea of seeing things never seen before. Finding animals previously undiscovered. Drawing birds, naming fish, placing dead butterflies in a glass box. I would love to find new things. Step into a world human's haven't had the chance to destroy. How magical that would be. To drink water from an unpoluted stream. To run barefoot without the worry of a rusty nail. Perhaps we could create that world again. Not just in our imagination, but on the very earth we live. A clean place. A healthy place. A place of rediscovered beauty.