Circles In Wood

Along my Yukon River bank, opposite the town I live, I have discovered the most magical little things. Each year the river floods leaving treasures tracing the beaches. One of my most favorite past times is wondering through the miscellaneous colored rocks finding little things that catch my eye. I rarely go across the river during the summer months. But yesterday I ventured there. And upon reaching the other side I jumped off of my boat to pull it from the current. But as my feet hit the ground and I looked down I lost concentration. They were just peices of water ravaged wood. But oh goodness what beautiful peices they were. They had been tossed in the waves being smoothed to perfection. And this small occurance in their life left them in beautiful condition. The circular patterns that traced the branches they once had are now engraved beautifully into the small pebble size peices of timber. The lines in them swirled and swayed like the dance of a star-struck couple. The circles exchanged patterns keeping in tone with the one next to it. It's impossible to describe, and immidiately I began to collect them. Luckily I always take a bagon my ventures, for I am quickly becoming a nature hoarder, so I could gather up a good amount. And so I brought them home. These beautiful peices of trees long past. And I have set them on my bookshelf, my oh so cluttered book shelf. But they fit in just perfectly with the other treasures I've found around.