Fate Goes Fate's Way

Seeing as though this wonderful earth chooses it's own path for me, I don't quite believe in walking by myself anymore. I've just come to realize fate has a plan for me. I'll know when I know and things will always turn out fine. Granted, I let my life go as it pleases. I've given up on control quite sometime ago. I don't really have any. No one does. So why bother with pretending like everything is going as I planned? Nothing is going as I planned. Had anyone asked me as a child where I would end up, I would have confidently said as a famous actress in Hollywood. I would reside in a big house in a big city with a big lot of money. And yet here I am. In a small caravan, in a small village, with a terribly small collection of coins. But amongst all of those opposites, I am happy. Yes, nothing went the way I had hoped. Nothing went the way I had planned. I would have gone to school, but I found knowledge through nature and books. I would have gotten rich, but I found wealth in harmony and simple things. I would have done many things, but life wouldn't let me. I wouldn't have been happy, but life wouldn't let that happen. Life didn't take the road I drew, it took the path to happiness.