My Ivory Bracelet

I have heaps of jewelry. Gold bracelets, pearl necklaces, beaded things of shells, wood, and glass. All colors. All shapes. Large and dramatic. Small and subtle. But somewhere amongst the tangled array lies my most precious of all wearalbles. It has no designer name. It's fairly worn and it's shine has disappeared. Imperfections imprinted around it. But, it's a bracelet. And not just any bracelet, an ivory bracelet carved of walrus and mammoth. And it was carved, in the sincerest form, by a man I call my own. He is my darling, my future husband, my life and my world. And he worked so dearly hard to create for me this peice of art that I so proudly wear about. It's strings have loosened and it's polish has fade. Yet to me it is the most beautiful item in the world. Compared to anything else I would choose it in an instant. Versus a diamond ring, a saphire necklace, a golden bracelet, it would still win. For engraved inside in the smallest letters. lies an eye with a heart with a "U". His handwriting has never been legible, but I can read his scribbles flawlessly. And these three small characters and all they represent makes that one piece of jewelry more meaningful, more precious, than every gemstone in the world.