Grandmother's Tea Party

Oh how I would dearly enjoy a tea party. Perhaps when I visit my mother and grandmother in their far away land one can be arranged. And we can sit out in the yard of my grandmother's cottage. She focuses so much of her summer energy on flowers and trees. Her garden is always the most tranquil of a place. And out in the far corner sits a little set of table and chairs. She likes to sit there and wave to the passerbyers of her small hometown. Other than that they don't hold much use. Her darling, my grandfather, is getting too old to enjoy such simplicities with her anymore. I would much like to visit her soon. The thousands of miles between us slightly breaks my heart. I know if I told her I was on my way for a tea party she would excitedly pull out her nicest china wear and lace table cloth. She would dust off the old tea set her grandmother passed down to her. Grab one of the few unused vases, fill it with her finest seasonal flowers, and set up perfection for my mother and I. How lovely it would be. To sit with three generations making waves among differences in the common thoughts of love. Sharing stories, laughter, and sincere small moments. Next spring when I make my yearly visit, I think I shall make an effort for such an event to take place.