Lonely Books

I feel bad for lonely books. What are lonely books? Something like the Illustrated Columbia Encyclopedia A-Apu. A book seemingly no one would want. For what is the use of just one book of an Encyclopedia collection? Why would a person only need to look up words starting with A to Apu? But I bought that one book anyways. The poor little thing was all rejected. No one even cared to glance at the little misfit. A child had colored his pages and a few of them were torn. But I didn't care. He was a spectacular book nevertheess, full of boundless knowledge. And he isn't the only one. I have dozens of books without their series. Lost parts of bigger collections. Sad books with torn covers. Old books with worn pages. Lonely books. Books that need a home and a reader. A lover willing to learn the knowledge they teach. I am that lover. My heart is open to any such item. For the overlooked stories often tell the best tales.