Slumber Together

Last night was, well, it was wonderful. As we lay through the evening hours in a bed that is oh so habitual to us, my darling acted differently. I don't know what possessed him to do so, for we were both partly in dream land. Typically we will lay lifelessly. He'll face away from me and I'll curl into his body for warmth. But last night he turned over and curled back into me. Now, for most couples this would seem... normal. But with us, we're comfortable with the fact that I do the cuddling, not him. So as unusual as it may seem, the fact that his arms were wrapped around me last night was utterly magical. It's been almost a year and I still get butterflies when spontaneous acts of romance happen between us. And how well I did sleep with him draped across me. Nothing can touch me when I'm in his arms. I'm safe, protected, and secure. And in such a place, slumber is easy. The night was flawless.